About our Media Center
Mrs. Hascup, our Media Specialist, loves sharing a love of Jesus, reading and technology with our students! Digital literacy and citizenship education are an essential part of our technology curriculum. Mrs. Hascup is committed to educating, protecting, and empowering Redeemer’s students to make responsible, respectful, and safe choices in today’s digital world. She takes pride in knowing that our students will have the tools and knowledge needed to become responsible digital citizens.
At Redeemer, our Media Center houses both our outstanding school library and our exemplary technology lab.
With the widespread dependence upon computer-based technologies, Redeemer recognizes the importance of integrating technology into the educational experiences of its students. Technology, in its many forms, has become a powerful tool to enrich curriculum, expand instruction and excite learning. At Redeemer productivity, communication, research, and learning are dramatically enhanced through the appropriate use of technology both in the classrooms and in our computer lab. Redeemer teachers work side by side with our Media Specialist to ensure that educational technologies are successfully integrated into each student’s day.
Mrs. Hascup’s Credentials:
- Assistant Librarian and Library Technical Assistant (IRSC), MCPL, 1990-1994
- A+ and A++ Certifications (IRSC)
- Certified Microsoft Office Users Specialist
- Educational Networking Specialist
- Employed with Redeemer since 1994
- Member of Redeemer Lutheran Church since 1994. Served on youth board, current worship assistant and currently serves on several RLCS committees.
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and School Media Center would greatly appreciate your help! Students in grades K-8 visit our school library twice a week. It is the goal of Mrs. Hascup, our Media Specialist, to place two new books per student on our library shelves each year. With your help we can accomplish and hopefully even exceed this goal. If you would like to contribute to this effort here are three ways you can help.
1. Purchase a Barnes and Noble scrip gift card between services and donate it to the school library.
2. Make a check or cash donation to the school library and drop it at the school or church office.
3. Buy a birthday book in honor of your child, grandchild, niece, nephew, or even yourself! For $25 dollars we will place a “This book was donated in honor of ________” placket in the front cover of a new book. Then we will place the book in a place of honor in our library during the honoree’s birthday month!
At Redeemer we know that kids who read succeed! Should you have any questions, or desire to make a donation even greater then those listed above, please contact Donna Hascup@ email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your generous donations!
RenWeb District code is RL-FL